Branch 119 of the Royal Canadian Legion has operated in Port Moody since 1931 and has been in it’s present premises on Clarke Street in the old city centre area since opening on New Years Eve 1955. When 119 opened for that New Years party it did so without a floor.
60 years later after another amazing New Years Eve Party to bring in 2015 our doors closed for business as we prepared for redevelopment of our land.
Both new years parties were a huge success with many bright and optimistic hopes for the future of the branch along with many cheers to our days past.
Our site and Port Moody quickly started it’s transformation in the fall of 2015. The big hole at the corner of Kyle and Clarke Streets finally grew into an apartment building, retail space, and our new Club 119 facility.
We appreciate Member support during this time of growth for Club 119. Our branch actually led the region in membership retention even while we had no building on which to hang our sign.